Traumatized by the recent global chip shortage, vehicle OEMs have started talking about producing their own semiconductors to be more resilient. Besides, with the rise of electronic vehicles, traditional carmakers have encountered unprecedented challenges to compete with new market players like Tesla. We invited Frank Schwope, an automotive analyst at NORD/LB, to discuss various hot topics in EV industry. Schwope has more than 20 years of experience following automotive industry, with a special focus on European companies.
ijiwei Talk EP111: Should carmakers also make their own chips?
- ijiwei Talk EP126: How would silicon carbide empower Chinese semiconductor industry?
- ijiwei Talk EP125: The internal and external reasons behind global chip shortage
- ijiwei Talk EP124: How to improve 200mm wafer yields through testing?
- ijiwei Talk EP123: How competitive is Huawei in current smartphone market?
- ijiwei Talk EP122: How could Chinese smartphones survive in the ever-rising competition?
- ijiwei Talk EP121: Where do smartphone opportunities lie in 2022?